james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Stefano Bagnara" <apa...@bago.org>
Subject Re: Spoolmanager blues
Date Tue, 06 Sep 2005 12:59:12 GMT
> Hi,
>
> I am having trouble with the JamesSpoolManager in the trunk.
> I experience mails hanging in the spool, it looks like the
> offending piece of code is the return statement in line 418.
> The reason I suspect that line is that I cannot reproduce the
> effect if I remove the line.
>
> Have anyone seen something similar, or can someone (Stefano)
> provide the rationale behind this particular return statement.
> I will do some more debugging to better understand what happens.

I'm experiencing spooling issues with file repositories too.

The return statement is there since long before I committed my patches ;-)
(the annotation show that the return line has been written on may 2001). In
fact I only done minor changes to the spoolmanager (it now just gets
mailetloader/matcher loader as avalon services instead of running its own).

I've also tested 2.2.0 and I've experienced the same spool problems using
file repositories.

IMHO file repositories lock/unlock is not (has never been?) working fine.

If you send more mails you will see that the one in the spool will start
being elaborated.

Can you try using the db/derby repositories and see wether you see the same
problem?

Stefano