james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Stefano Bagnara" <apa...@bago.org>
Subject Re: isLocalUser behaviour (Was: Out of the box virtualhosting)
Date Fri, 02 Sep 2005 19:29:01 GMT
Cavan,

> Will the admin utilities be upgraded to allow us to specify
> the domain of a user when we add them?
> Will we be able to setup multi-domain boxes?  bob@foo.com and
> bob@bar.com go to the same box as is the current behavior?
> If so, can bob@foobar.com go to a separate box?  How would
> These are questions I'd like to know the answer to as a user.
> [...]

The change I've proposed does not provide what you are asking but it is a
needed step in that direction.

The change would allow easier management of virtualdomains by allowing us to
delegate the whole virtualdomain management to the mailets.

We probably could provide backward compatible mailets and a set of mailets
supporting your requests.

>  Might want to talk to the IMAP folks about this as well
> since that is another feature that is salivated over by
> people like me.
>
> Cavan Morris
> User

I'm sorry but IMAP support is not ready to be bundled in 2.3.0. We should
follow the roadmap to 2.3.0 and start the work for 3.0.0 with the hope that
IMAP will see the light in the next major release.

Stefano