james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Stefano Bagnara" <apa...@bago.org>
Subject Re: Spoolmanager blues
Date Tue, 06 Sep 2005 13:25:10 GMT
> > I'm experiencing spooling issues with file repositories too.
>
> Well, I haven't until now :-(

Can you try downgrading to 2.2.0 and verify wether the issue is there or
not?
Can you try using db/derby to check wether the issue is there or not?

My tests results are that filerepositories have this problem in 2.2.0 and in
trunk. Db is working in both.

> > Can you try using the db/derby repositories and see wether
> you see the
> > same problem?
>
> I could, but I need file repositories for my production
> deployments, so I will try to figure this one out instead.

I would start looking for differences between JDBCMailRepository and
AvalonMailRepository (e.g: JDBCMailRepository.unlock is synchronized)
More: AvalonMailRepository.store does lock/unlock a message not already
locked while JDBCMailRepository does not lock/unlock such messages.

I've experienced issues with DB repositories also, but they just delayed the
spooling by 60 seconds (probably, for db, the notify does not work fine).

I don't use FileRepositories in production because my stresstests provided
exceptions in locking/unlocking EVERY time:
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JAMES-397

Stefano