james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Stefano Bagnara" <apa...@bago.org>
Subject Re: Switch to Loom 1.0RC3
Date Wed, 07 Sep 2005 15:38:52 GMT
> Not totally true, as I think that some people (like myself)
> has been thoroughly testing even in production the contents
> of svn. Specially after Noel's work in May, which has been a
> major (and potentially risky) update impacting the whole
> system ... And James looked quite stable after that.

We also, in the last month:
- updated all of our libraries
(cornerstone/avalon/excalibur/dnsjava/javamail)
- updated phoenix (so as you can see we already "changed" the container)
- added derby support and we're planning to make it the default instead of
file repositories.
- changed today the mail repositories notify/synchronization

I think all of this have to be tested a lot and can impact the stability
more than the container.
BTW, this is my opinion.

The last one (notiy/synchronization) in my opinion is the most critical.

The main thing is that we are not near to a release because we don't even
have a release plan by now and we just talked about doing a release.
In the best scenario we probably will be ready to prepare the first ALPHA in
a month: probably more as we haven't agreed on the roadmap for this release.

Stefano