james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Vincenzo Gianferrari Pini <vincenzo.gianferrarip...@praxis.it>
Subject Re: Next release plans
Date Fri, 02 Sep 2005 08:47:37 GMT
Noel J. Bergman wrote:

>Serge Knystautas wrote:
>

>>Noel J. Bergman wrote:
>>

>>>I think that we need to get some stability or we'll never release.
>>>I had planned to do a release already, but am no longer
>>>comfortable with the idea.
>>>

>>I think we need to grow the base of person who can make a release.  I
>>think this is an unfair power Noel's schedule has over us.
>>

>I'd be happy to see others step up to do a release.  Certainly happened
>before I did them, and will happen afterwards.  But the point of the comment
>you quoted is that we should be basing release on something stable and
>tested, not trying to cut a release from a rapidly moving target.
>
>	--- Noel

I've been travelling in the last four weeks, and I was able to just intermittently read the
mailing lists. I've seen an impressive work done, specially by Stefano (great job!).

IMHO we should now take a breath, test what we have and go for 2.3.0
within a month or so from now. By testing I mean also testing in
production: I am personally nervous to do it as I don't have a clear
picture on what to watch for: my current production release was built on
June 24 but so many things seem to have changed.

Perhaps Stefano could post a summary description of the changes he
submitted in the last month ...

Vincenzo