james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Hes Siemelink <hes-l...@izecom.com>
Subject Re: Switch to Loom 1.0RC3
Date Wed, 07 Sep 2005 08:41:06 GMT
Stefano Bagnara wrote:
> Should we move to Loom?
>
> I've tested it today and the changes I had to do in order to run inside Loom
> have been:
> 1) remove all the spaces from XML: loom does not automatically remove spaces
> so leaving the spaces in the config means misconfiguration.

This should be fixed... I have a lot of different configuration files
with white space and some utilities that generate configuration snippets
with white space. Revising all that by hand will be very tricky.

On the whole it sounds like a good plan, but I would not do it for the
upcoming release.

And why is there a 1.0RC3 that hasn't seen development in six months?
Will there be a 1.0 release at all?

Cheers,

	Hes.