james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Hes Siemelink <hes-l...@izecom.com>
Subject Re: Switch to Loom 1.0RC3
Date Thu, 08 Sep 2005 08:23:33 GMT
Good! Attach some dates and we have a release plan!

Since there was talk about feature freeze, I thought we were somewhere
before the release cycle. I didn't really follow the alpha series for
2.2.0, so I wasn't aware that there will be a bunch of them.

The alpha phase can be shortened if there are less features still being
put in. I think it is important to have a first alpha release soon,
along with a plan of what's still going in and when.

As for Loom, I am curious about the white space issue -- whether it can
be fixed before the James release. There might be other 'little' issues
like this that may turn out to be nasty. So it should be thoroughly tested.

Would it be an idea to release James with both Phoenix (not perfect but
well known) and Loom (better but more unknown), with Phoenix the default?

Cheers,

	Hes.