james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Stefano Bagnara" <apa...@bago.org>
Subject Re: Switch to Loom 1.0RC3
Date Wed, 07 Sep 2005 15:46:59 GMT
> > The fact that has passed an year since the 2.2.0 does not
> mean we made
> > testing an year of tests on the current trunk. *real time* is not a
> > variable for trunk stability.
> >

> I thought the 2.3.0 release was coming up shortly?
>
> You mean that it is the right time to put Loom in, just
> before releasing the RCs for 2.3.0. Is it correct that your
> point is that real testing will be done with the RCs, not
> with the trunk?

RC?? I think that we should release a lot of Alphas before the RCs.
The real testing is done when we will test alphas. The trunk is only tested
by few developers (probably 2 or 3 peoples).
We need to release an alpha to have more people testing a *known* codebase.

Stefano

PS: I've seen 22 2.2.0 alphas before the 2.2.0 final.