james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: Switch to Loom 1.0RC3
Date Wed, 07 Sep 2005 23:46:28 GMT
> I'm not sure I would like to use phoenix-trunk: does any
> other project use it?

Does anyone use LOOM?

>From what Peter Royal told me, I understood that development on LOOM is
dead.  And we don't have access to the code.  I'd like to hear from Peter
regarding Loom vs Phoenix, but he seemed willing to help us update the
container.

And I never proposed that we precipitously dump the Avalon interfaces.  I am
suggested that we not add MORE dependencies, and start to incrementally drop
the one's we have.

I don't care which wrapper we use to DBCP, but we should be  using that
implementation.  Before we closed Avalon, we were talking about ditching
almost all of the implementation code in favor of wrappers around the
corresponding Jakarta Commons components.

	--- Noel