james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Ahmed Mohombe <amoho...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Web Interface Announcement
Date Thu, 01 Sep 2005 08:03:33 GMT
> I am pleased to announce Version 1.0 of the James Administration Console,
> currently hosted at:
>
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/ajaconsole/
Very nice!.

> If you have any questions,
Well, I have lot's of questions :).
1. What version of James do you target? The trunk or the stable? AFAIK
there were some small config changes in the trunk so I think this would
be relevant.

2. In QuickStart Guide ch.1 you say:
2.1
 > If you are running a Sun Java JDK, place a copy of these libraries at
 > "[JDK root folder]/jre/lib/ext" and at "[JRE root folder]/lib/ext".
Isn't there another way(not to mess up with the installed JDK)? If I do
this, for all applications running on that machine your JAR files will
be considered.

2.2
 > Place these libraries (or updated versions, if you have them)
And what versions do you use? Not all the jars have versions. It would
be nice to mention them somewhere, to know "when if we have them" :).

3. What JDK do you target? Aren't some of the JARS in JDK 1.4 already
4. In some source files I see:
 > Vector<Object>();
 > Hashtable<String, String>
Is this supposed to work with JDK 1.5 only?

> please feel free to email me.
Here on this list? or personally?
If here, what prefix to use to see right away that the message is
related to console? :
[webconsole] ?
If personally, what email address?

Ahmed.