james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Ahmed Mohombe <amoho...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Switch to Loom 1.0RC3
Date Thu, 08 Sep 2005 08:39:11 GMT
> Does anyone use LOOM?
If it does the job we need, why shouln't we use it till
the 'great POJO-fication' that might(or not) come in the far future.

> From what Peter Royal told me, I understood that development on LOOM is
> dead.
Judging from the source code, if LOOM is dead than Avalon could be called 'rotten' :).

> I am
> suggested that we not add MORE dependencies, and start to incrementally drop
> the one's we have.
As I understood, using LOOM doesn't add MORE dependencies, cause it's replacement
is simple. So if there will be a better alternative, to drop it will be an
equal work as to drop Avalon.

Thanks in advance,

Ahmed.