james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Kervin L. Pierre" <ker...@adevsoft.com>
Subject Re: IMAP status
Date Wed, 26 Oct 2005 19:23:47 GMT
Stefano Bagnara wrote:
  > We already have this interface: MailRepository.
> We simply should deprecate the MailRepository (we can always use the
> SpoolRepository instead) and create a new MessageRepository interface.

Thanks for clarifying those relationships, I have
been wondering about those issues.

> In my current james (patched trunk) I have this interface for
> MessageRepository:

This is interesting.  You're using a Hashtable type
interface with just key/value pairs instead of a
message/folders type API.  Will the classes that
inherit from this object be responsible for creating
and maintaining folder structure?  Won't that have
to be serialized somehow?  Also it seems like the
entire message will have to be read into memory before
an attribute, eg. size, to be determined.  How do
you work around this?

Regards,
Kervin