james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject Working towards a release
Date Sat, 15 Oct 2005 03:56:11 GMT
So, I'm sitting here starting to work on the release.  Amongst my questions
is whether this is 2.3 or 3.0.  One basis for the latter are the changes not
so much in API, but in the configuration files.  Administrators will need to
make changes, primarily in the smtphandler.  But for now, I'm calling it
2.3.

With respect to config.xml:

 -- we say that derby is our default, but ALL of the
    data sources are commented out, including Derby.

 -- the config is putting the database under bin/.
    I think we should move that under var/.

As I said, I'm just working my way through things, and posting as I find
something of note.  Comments solicited.  Help appreciated.  :-)

Speaking of which, we need to work on:

  -- docs
  -- package build.  licenses need to be put at the package root
  -- web site.  Embarrassingly, the AL v1 is showing on the web
     site (I noticed that today), even though AL v2 is everywhere
     else in JAMES.
  -- web site building (just moving things around a bit, to start).

Does anyone have time to help work on these things?

	--- Noel