james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: Working towards a release
Date Mon, 31 Oct 2005 00:54:27 GMT
Noel J. Bergman <noel@devtech.com> wrote on Oct 19th:

> I have run a first test, but also encountered a problem.  Not with
> JAMES, but > with the test environment.  At home, I run JAMES on
> one server, postal and rabid on another.  I hadn't noticed before,
> but postal and rabid are not CPU friendly.  Basically, they eat the CPU.

I have fixed this, at least sufficiently for more testing.  I was also able
to run a few tests using a second machine.  So far so good.  One more test,
and I believe that I will be ready to post a build to be voted on as an
alpha.  The next thing after that will be more aggressive looking for memory
leaks, and the interesting task of converting my production configuration to
the new scheme.  If that works, great.  If not, we have some tweaking to do.
:-)  Plus whatever comes back from user tests.

Sound about right?

	--- Noel