james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Bagnara <apa...@bago.org>
Subject Re: Preparing the v2.3.0 release
Date Sun, 18 Dec 2005 15:09:45 GMT
Noel J. Bergman wrote:
> I have gone back through all of the e-mail that I could find discussing the
> pending release, tried to collate the notes, and edited the wiki to help
> track the plans: http://wiki.apache.org/james/JamesV2.

Great, I really appreciated this summary page!

> I have time to work on the release, and plan to work on the necessary
> fast-fail improvements (these are not due to the SoC changes, by the way,
> but actually stem back to the fast-fail changes I had made earlier).  Would
> appreciate help on the build setup.  And there are the JIRA issues to
> cleanup, docs to write, etc.  Who has time to help?  :-)
>
> 	--- Noel

Here are the issues I'll try to close soon:

http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JAMES-421
MailImpls sharing MimeMessages / LinearProcessor not cloning it after a
partial match.

http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JAMES-414
Add more flexibility to LocalDelivery (only partially: I think I'll
simply rename the current "ToMultiRepository" in "ToLocalRepository" or
because I never made it as flexible as I described in the issue).

And apply a couple of patches:

http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JAMES-423
Give the remote manager a service promt

http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JAMES-328
TOP <msg> 0 does not return a terminator on error

I'd like to know your opinion about upgrading phoenix to the latest
trunk. I've done it a few months ago with minor issues (I also tried Loom).
IIRC the latest trunk is more stable and used than the version we
currently bundle.
The upgrade would solve the ClassLoader issue:
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JAMES-418

I think we should either upgrade now (before the 2.3beta) or never.

I'm +1 for this phoenix upgrade, if you agree I will try to run a test
and, if successfull, commit it ASAP.

I remember I would also like to deprecate a few unused
methods/interfaces so we can safely remove them in the following
release. (I need to search old notes about this)

Stefano