james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: JAMES-418 and SVN tagging
Date Fri, 30 Dec 2005 06:27:34 GMT
Stefano,

> Noel J. Bergman wrote:
> > Peter,
> > According to http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JAMES-418, you
> > provided > us with a new build from Phoenix.  Is all of the code
> > in SVN, e.g., for this "patched cornerstone-datasources-impl"?
> > Would you please create a tag from the pieces that you just build,
> > so that we don't lose track of what was used to create the build,
> > as happened before?

> The "patched" cornerstone-datasources-impl is not from Peter, but me.

Ah, OK.  If you'll provide the patch, we can get it into source control.  Heck, if necessary,
I'll commit it myself.

> I built peter sources after an upgrade of avalon/excalibur libraries to
> the latest official stable releases. I also removed jdk 1.3
> compatibility jars that are not needed for james 2.3.0 that will be
> 1.4+ only.

So you did the build, or Peter?

> IIRC peter sources are from
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/avalon/cvs-migration-snapshot/avalon-phoenix/

> I don't know what is the svn version used in the peter version. I also
> checked the latest trunk and it worked fine.

I just want to identify exactly which code is used, and then tag it so that we don't have
a repeat of an earlier fiasco, when no one knew which code had been used for our Phoenix drop,
and it was unmaintainable.

> It would be cool if proyal, leosimons or niclas could tag that release
> as phoenix 4.2 or something similar.

If you'll just pick a branch of Phoenix, do the build and test, and let me know which code
you picked, I'll see that the branch is tagged.  Far as I'm concerned, the tag can be called
FOR_JAMES_2.3.

	--- Noel