james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Bagnara <apa...@bago.org>
Subject Re: Review/Help for Phoenix trunk upgrade (Noel?)
Date Wed, 04 Jan 2006 11:15:05 GMT
>>>And perhaps work towards Committer status.
>>> :-)
>
> Well, having others doing the review-and-commit-job for me is quite
> convenient... ;-)
> Stefano, thank you again for picking this stuff up.
>
> Question: Should I create a new JIRA issue for every future patch or
> keep attaching to existing issue JAMES-427?

If you plan to upload many small patches I think it's better to leave
the issue "in progress" and to keep uploading the patch to the same issue.

If you plan to upload few big patches we can also create new issues.

Maybe a mix between the 2 approach is the best: I don't want to keep the
issue opened for years, so you should continue adding patches to that
issues by now and eventually we will close it for 2.3.0 release and
create a new one for the future.

I want to thank you again for your patch introducing unit testing: I
really feel better working with tests and I already started updating
them when possible!

PS: My patch for the "MAIL FROM SIZE" behaviour in the MAIL handler for
SMTPServer applied yesterday broke the mail size test that I just
updated (it's part of my last patch for the "CRLF.CRLF" issue). It does
make sense to me but feel free to review my fix.

>> It would be cool to have more people working on the sources!
>> I don't know much about but I remember that a few tests was already
>> present in the old "merger" branch. I'm not sure wether they can easily
>> ported to the current trunk or not, maybe Bernd would like to look at
>> them:
>> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/james/server/tags/pre-v2and3-merger-trunk/tests/
>>

> Oh, I didn't know that. I'll have a look.

I became a committer after the referenced merge and I don't know much
about previous code (proposals, tests, history).

I simply saw that folder a few months ago looking for the history of a
class prior to the merge.

Stefano