james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Bagnara <apa...@bago.org>
Subject Review/Help for Phoenix trunk upgrade (Noel?)
Date Tue, 03 Jan 2006 16:57:42 GMT
Hi all, expecially Noel,

I just finished re-upgrading my local copy to the phoenix in this branch:
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/avalon/cvs-migration-snapshot/avalon-phoenix/

I'm ready to commit build.xml changes and phoenix-bin but as many
libraries are changed maybe someone would like to test it before I
change the whole phoenix-bin folder.

What should I do?
Should I commit anyway and eventually we will revert the commit or
should I package my phoenix-bin and put somewhere so you can test it? I
also added a txt file with changes over the "clean" svn branch above.

Noel, this upgrade would allow me to fix the last issue I planned to fix
before the first alpha/beta of James 2.3.0 (classloader issues). If we
upgrade to phoenix-trunk I can remove all the specific code in our
Loader and leave this task to the container.

Can you update us on you plans?
This upgrade and the last 2 patches (CopyOnWriteProxy for mimemessages
and POP3handler using getRawInputStream instead if getInputStream) are
"critical" (more than most of the changes I made in past) so we probably
need to rerun a few tests before the release. I thought about moving
these issues to 3.0 but IMHO they are too critical to release 2.3.0
without them.

What other committers think?

About "tests" I felt free to commit the good starting work from Bernd
because it does not change our release cycle and helped me with the
CopyOnWriteProxy tests that I was writing. We will discuss how to handle
the ristretto/junit jar later! (IIRC latest news from Apache said that
we can ship MPL jars if there is full consensus by committers).

Stefano