james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Bagnara <apa...@bago.org>
Subject Release plan (Was: Add diffrent headers for each recip)
Date Mon, 23 Jan 2006 18:27:47 GMT
Norman Maurer wrote:
> Is there any planned date for release the new version ?

I think we should release a 2.3.0alpha1/2.3.0beta1 as soon as possible.
An an alpha or beta cycle we can introduce minor changes in the
following releases.

We need more people using the current code and to report bugs or we'll
never consolidate the code.

We are currently very far from the "release often, release early"
expected release cycle as james 2.2.0 has been release more than 18
months ago.

We keep getting bug reports/complaints on 2.2.0 release about things we
already fixed months ago in svn.

Noel, what do you think about it? Are you +1 on a release of the current
code as soon as possible? If so, have you the time to be the release
manager?

Stefano