james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Bagnara <apa...@bago.org>
Subject Re: encoding and ü and ß! <- BUG
Date Wed, 22 Feb 2006 19:00:04 GMT
Norman Maurer wrote:
> After downgrade to james 2.2.0 see problem is gone after adding text
> with AddFooter..
>
> But sometimes i get broken encodings with and without using AddFooter ..
> but not everytime like it was
> before when using james 2.3.0 + AddFooter..
>
> The Problem is thats hard to debug :-(
>
> And my Boss will probaly kill me or replace the james relay if the
> problem persist..
>
> Also the problem with blackberry is gone with james 2.2.0..
>
> Im sure its a Problem with james and not qmail.
>
> any ideas ?

I think that the cause is always the 8bitmime support in Javamail that
is buggy. I enabled it in James 2.3.0 so James 2.2.0 is safe: I will
disable it for the next release (2.3.0a2) until we find out what the
problem is.

With James 2.2.0 and AddFooter you should not get broken encodings: can
you investigate deeper on this?

Stefano