james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Serge Knystautas" <sknystau...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: MimeMessage handling optimizations/changes for 2.3.0a2
Date Sun, 05 Mar 2006 06:55:20 GMT
> Just spent 2 days studying javamail sourcecode and how James
> creates/uses MimeMessages and I found that current javamail MimeMessage
> (i worked on 1.3.2) has many protected methods and expose very much of
> its internal behaviour.

Stefano,

Sounds like great progress!  I wrote the original wrapper, and I think
the reason it's a wrapper instead of an extension was because of what
was available/exposed with the JavaMail API at the time... I don't
think you could trigger the parsing of the message except by calling
the constructor.  Anyway, nothing sacrosanct about it at all... please
replace away, and it sounds like great progress on the reduced memory
front.

I wouldn't want to slow development at all.  If you think it can get
incorporated without huge delays, sounds good.

--
Serge Knystautas
p. 301.656.5501