james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Bagnara <apa...@bago.org>
Subject Re: Long Running Test
Date Sun, 12 Mar 2006 16:38:44 GMT
Norman Maurer wrote:
> A good tool for benchmark mailservers is postal:
> http://freshmeat.net/projects/postal/
>
> Maybe this will help all these peolpe which are intressted in thorughput
> etc.

We (at least I and Noel) already use postal/rabid to test James, but
Bernd is creating a different tool that should be easier and more
powerful for James testing.

Later I will provide a "mocked javamail transport" I'm writing to test
remotedelivery. This should help creating more realistic benchmarks
(unreachable servers, errors in smtp server, retries, bounces).

I'm writing it to test an "advanced" remote delivery that try to reuse
smtp connections to send multiple messages to the same domain, cache
smtp errors, and more.

Stefano