james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Bernd Fondermann <bf_...@brainlounge.de>
Subject Re: Long Running Test
Date Fri, 10 Mar 2006 22:18:36 GMT
Hi,

Finally, I managed to run the same scenario as described below with
2.3.0a1. 80603 mails sent, 0 lost. Performance seems to be basically
identical which is good news.

I will continue with more mails per minute, larger attachments and
longer runs...

And I'm looking forward to try and reproduce Stefanos improvements in
big mail handling (20MB) soon after they have been commited.

Also, I'd like to encourage people to look at JAMES-442 and comment on
the test tool itself and the test which should be run. Personally, I'd
like to have memory footprint data recorded and
multithreading/scalability/errorhandling improved. But what's more?

Ralf Hauser suggested to base it on JMeter which sounds like a good idea
to me. Any thoughts on this from someone already familiar with the
JMeter codebase?

   Bernd