james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Bagnara <apa...@bago.org>
Subject DISCLAIMER about changes to MimeMessageWrapper (Was: svn commit: r385090)
Date Sat, 11 Mar 2006 15:55:50 GMT
Please note that I wrote simple tests for this change but I still have
not tested this version in real use cases.

This patch and the upcoming "streaming support for db repositories"
patch should be considered "critical" to James stability.

So, please, don't deploy next nightly builds in production environments
because this is not as much as tested as 2.3.0a1!

I will run more real use tests at the end of this set of patches, but I
wanted to commit this in steps to keep a better history of what I did.

Another thing I would like to check out is wether we still need of the
CopyOnWrite proxy after this patch or better we can get rid of it
(eventually integrating some of the behaviour in the mimemessagewrapper).

Stefano

> Author: bago
> Date: Sat Mar 11 07:19:33 2006
> New Revision: 385090

> Log:
> Removed wrapping from MimeMessageWrapper: now it is a simple MimeMessage extension (thanks
to latest javamail providing much more protected methods than earlier releases)
> Updated a few file/stream handling objects to use SharedFileInputStream so that javamail
will not load the full message in memory when cloning the message. (Related to JAMES-134)