james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Markus Kühn <typedef_...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: MimeMessage handling optimizations/changes for 2.3.0a2
Date Mon, 06 Mar 2006 15:59:27 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ahmed Mohombe" <amohombe@yahoo.com>
To: <server-dev@james.apache.org>
Sent: Monday, March 06, 2006 4:30 PM
Subject: Re: MimeMessage handling optimizations/changes for 2.3.0a2

> Are there any changes that must be done in the JAMES code to achieve that?

I refactored the avalon framework and james, but that would not be
necessary. So I guess with keeping the avalon framework no changes to James
would be necessary, but this was not my situation.

> How much effort would it be?

It depends on the knowledge of phoenix and james. The container replacement
is not much code to write (~150 lines), but the configuration and the server
(socket creation) was something I rewrote, because I figured adapting would
be more effort.

Assuming all uncertainties turn out positive, less than a week.

Markus