james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Markus Kühn <typedef_...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: MimeMessage handling optimizations/changes for 2.3.0a2
Date Mon, 06 Mar 2006 14:49:45 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Stefano Bagnara" <apache@bago.org>
To: "James Developers List" <server-dev@james.apache.org>
Sent: Monday, March 06, 2006 2:40 PM
Subject: Re: MimeMessage handling optimizations/changes for 2.3.0a2

> "Different" james?
> I'm curious about the differences and what kind of modularity would be
> needed in james so that it would be the same version but using additional
> plugins/module/components.

I don't use a container like phoenix.
I have two spooler; one for incoming messages and another one for messages
that produced an error.
The first one operates only on the tmp-file, so no db-operations.
>From the server classes I only use the handler.
Error handling in the Linearprocessors is different.
JDBC mailstore classes can write the body of the message into the file rep,
as discussed before.
This also results in different MimeMessageWrapper and the like classes.

My version is designed for speed, simplicity and extensive error handling.
Also I should be able to fix every problem in a reasonable time, so a
dependency like phoenix was not an option.

Markus