james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: MimeMessage handling optimizations/changes for 2.3.0a2
Date Sun, 05 Mar 2006 01:06:05 GMT
> I though that I should have tried to drop the "wrapping/delegation"
> behaviour in favor of a simple extension.

I recall thinking the same.  And moving to a shared inputstream and
streaming should be a big win on footprint.  Dan also mentioned it, with
respect to Derby.

> This way it was simpler to define when the message is needed and I've
> been able to avoid the message loading for most header operations
> (previously needed).

This is a large part of what the wrapper was originally written to do, IIRC.
Way before I started with JAMES.

> The result is that all the tests still passes and that I removed a full
> layer.

> I made [streaming] optional by adding a new "getBody" option
> (useBinaryStream) to the dbOptions in sqlResources so that
> testers could try this feature over different dbs and provide
> feedback.

If you can complete the changes, I'd be in favor of getting them into the
next milestone.

	--- Noel