james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: Current James Development and Contribution
Date Fri, 24 Mar 2006 07:53:03 GMT
> I wonder how many commiters are on the james project cause i only see
> one.

There are a number of us, but unfortunately, most are quite busy.  When I
get a chance to code on JAMES, I consider it a vacation.  I had fun last
week writing a sendmail client in python so that you can install JAMES on a
*nix system, and not need to install some other package to get the required
"sendmail" binary.  It needs more integration testing, but I will be posting
the code shortly.

Also, we take it quite seriously that JAMES be extremely stable.  When we
make a lot of changes, we tend to be unlikely to put out a new release until
after they have been very thoroughly tested.  The new work being added by
Bernd to improve testing will be a major boon to the release schedule.

> If it would help we can rework the patch contributet by alex to add
> maildir support and other features

> So you guys are intressted ?

We are always interested in seeing new contributors come along.

	--- Noel