james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Ahmed Mohombe <amoho...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: MimeMessage handling optimizations/changes for 2.3.0a2
Date Sat, 04 Mar 2006 17:45:42 GMT
> The result is that all the tests still passes and that I removed a full
> layer.
Fantastic :).

> I think this could be a big improvement for performance and reduce the
> memory footprint
Do you have and approximate numbers about the possible gain?

> but I also think that this is a critical change that
> will probably add more delay to a stable release.
If the performance gain is good than it's not a problem.
I mean this release is already too late. A few months more or less makes no difference :).

> My personal vote goes to commit the new code so that other
> committers/developers could review the changes but I would like to know
> what do you think about this, before moving.
I personally think it's fantastic.
I (like many other users) would be much more happy with IMAP, config reload without restarting

JAMES, a better "Virtual Host" support(something that just works), etc., but this is still
sounds
fantastic IMHO.

Ahmed.