james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Bagnara <apa...@bago.org>
Subject Re: POP3ServerTest failure on MacOS
Date Tue, 16 May 2006 18:05:31 GMT
Bernd Fondermann wrote:
> Hi,
>
> POP3ServerTest.testNotAsciiCharsInPassword() fails on MacOS, but
> succeeds on Linux (and presumably on Windows).
>
> This test is all about having non-ASCII characters in passwords.

I've to reread the RFC to remember what chars are allowed as PASS
arguments. I know that spaces must work, but I don't know how 8bit chars
should be handled. In fact I think, for example, that the CRLF sequence
should be invalid in the password (or encoded).

> When reading the command line, I notice that in
> CRLFTerminatedReader.readLine() the read INTs differ from the written
> values (under MacOS only, of course) and thus are converted to the wrong
> CHARs.
>
> Does anyone with more experience in this whole character streaming
> business know if this can easily be fixed? Or, can we safely say that
> this is a Ristretto defect?
>
> Anyway, I'd give the migration of POP3ServerTest to commons-net a try,
> if anyone is not already working on this.

I just committed the migrated version.
All tests still pass on windows. Let me know wether the pass on MacOS or
not.