james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Bagnara <apa...@bago.org>
Subject Re: Testing Alpha3
Date Tue, 23 May 2006 16:34:45 GMT
Bernd Fondermann wrote:
> [...]
> Not a single message got lost.
> No errors in the log files.
> [...]
> If a test using file repositories yields similar results and all results
> still hold for Alpha4, we could consider it stable enough to become a
> release candidate, shouldn't we?

Thank you for sharing your results!

I think this is good enough to give us much more confidence but I think
we need much more real world testing before we can trust if enough to
make an RC.

Today I fixed a problem with SMIME mailets, we may have a lot of similar
problems.

I think the status that better describe the current 2.3 branch is "beta".

I currently have a 2.3.0a2 and a 2.3.0a3 in production in very low
traffic servers.

That said I think that using the "RC" sequence in a release would give
us much more tester than the "a" releases, but I would prefer to proceed
by steps.

I would like to know if James works fine under greater load.

+1 to release a "b1" or "a4" asap

Stefano