james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Bagnara <apa...@bago.org>
Subject Re: jSPF project status
Date Fri, 05 May 2006 10:04:27 GMT
Bernd Fondermann wrote:
> Hi,
>
> This is excellent stuff!
>
> While reviewing the code I noticed that it uses Java5 API stuff (mostly
> java.util.regex.MatchResult). Maybe we want to support 1.4, too.

Thank you for pointing this out! I have not declared the jdk in my IDE
and I have jdk1.5 by default.
I'll try to port it to jdk1.4 asap (just added to the TODOs)

> The maven2 usage is very encouraging. I'll look at using maven2 in
> Postage in the next weeks.

This would be cool.

I think we should also create a subproject for Postage in future!

Mime4j is maven1 but could be ported to maven2 easily.

JSieve could be ported too.

Imho it would be cool to have an uniform source structure and a common
way to manage our projects.

> I had to install dnsjava jar manually (maven fails but suggests how to
> phrase the manual install command which is very convenient).

I know that. We should add dnsjava 2.0.1 in the maven2 repository. I
don't know how to do that, so I temporarily create a local pom in my
local maven repository.

> Can we upload 3rd party libs like these into public repositories on our
> own or do we have to ask the original distributors/developers to do it?
> This would also apply to ristretto jar for James unit tests should we
> migrate it to maven.
>
>   Bernd

I don't know much of the ibiblio maven2 repository and the rules
governing it.
Maybe someone else will give us a direction for this.

Stefano