james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Serge Knystautas" <sknystau...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Managing Changes
Date Wed, 31 May 2006 05:08:12 GMT
> Well, I think this explain why I think that this is not a best practice.
> Most James discussions takes weeks and are lost forever with no results.

This thread has gotten somewhat bitter.

My 2 cents... I voted for Stefano as a committer and trust him to fix
what he breaks. discuss his changes, and scratch his itches.

I guess I already said this, but there's a lack of trust among the
group about whether they think people will fix problems or will get
things done in time or something... I'm not completely clear what
Stefano is doing wrong:

- proposed fetchmail refactoring using review-then-commit approach...
I almost think his changes could have been commit-then-review, but
appreciate the way he shared the work in progress.
- fixed our stupid build process that we've been meaning to do for
forever to not bundle ancient ant anymore.
- helped develop a fresh impl of spf and brought it into SVN.

I understand people wanting Stefano to share more what he's working on
and changing, but the way things are getting said are unlikely to
create the desired result.

--
Serge Knystautas
p. 301.656.5501