james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Bernd Fondermann <bf_...@brainlounge.de>
Subject Re: 2.3.0a3 release plans
Date Tue, 16 May 2006 08:43:06 GMT
Stefano Bagnara wrote:
> Noel J. Bergman wrote:
>
>>> If nothing urgent to add to 2.3.0a3 imho Noel should prepare a release
>>

>> I can do so this week.  Even if I have a problem with the build server, I
>> can do it on my personal build VM.
>

> I just built the current v2.3 trunk (on minotaur) so we can give it a
> chance before tagging and starting the vote.
> http://people.apache.org/~bago/james/

Fine. I have a dedicated machine where I have started to test the latest
alpha. Maybe this can be done by Continuous Integration some day...

> Btw if we don't identify changes/features to be added to the 2.3 branch
> then this week's release should be at least a beta or an rc: again I
> would like to hear more opinions than yours and mine about the roadmap.
>
> Probably in the next weeks we'll also test the trunk more, so I think
> we'll decide to backport it later (next alpha/beta?) if the trunk works
> fine.

Since there are major refactorings coming up, IMHO we need to get a
2.3.0 release out of the door
and have a branch where to release bugfixes from (2.3.1+).

The follow-up release (be it 2.4 or 3.0) should then be released out of
the trunk.

   Bernd