james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Bernd Fondermann <bf_...@brainlounge.de>
Subject Re: current test setup
Date Thu, 18 May 2006 14:22:10 GMT
Stefano Bagnara wrote:
> Bernd Fondermann wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have started to run tests against the alpha3-candidate using Postage.
>

> Cool!
>
>> I have another scenario in the default postage config file which
>> generates more load but fails after a few hours even whith 500MB and
>> enhanced James resources.
>

> It would be interesting understand why and how it fails.
> Any information on that?
> Is it an OutOfMemory? Have a snapshot of the result when the test fail?
> Is it using derby?

i have no in-depth data because I was changing configurations back and
forth at various places.
but AFAIR, dbfile/derby failed after a few hours with OutOfMemory, db
began to fail quite soon with connection errors/OutOfMem
should be easy to reproduce, but now I changed to alpha3candidate +
vanilla james, vanilla JVM and this will run again for a few hours.

as I said, at the moment I am more interested in finding the "baseline"
where we run without problems to be able to compare James 2.2 and 2.3
branches and put a release out eventually. 2.3 should not perform poorer
than 2.2! optimization would be due for 2.4.

   Bernd