james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Bagnara <apa...@bago.org>
Subject Re: Virtual Users, Aliases and Forwards
Date Fri, 26 May 2006 07:49:14 GMT
Noel J. Bergman wrote:
> Serge,
>
> What did you have in mind when implementing forward and alias as part of the
> user repository record?  Just the "obvious"?  And why both?  I'd like some
> concept of what you had in mind.
>
> I am asking because when we revise user repositories, I am wondering if we
> should discard those in favor of further integration with the virtual user
> mapping.
>
> 	--- Noel

The current aliasing/forwarding implemented in the our
JamesUsersRepository is like a virtusertable applied just before the
local persistence. I splitted LocalDelivery in
UsersRepositoryAliasingForwarding and ToMultiRepository because I
thought it was too much hardcoded in James.
ToMultiRepository is the real LocalDelivery, while
UsersRepositoryAliasingForwarding is an email rewriting service (like
the virtusertable) and should be modularized.

What would you like? To create a service for the "email rewriters" and
configure the services as top level components, used by the mailets and
anyone else?

Stefano