james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Bagnara <apa...@bago.org>
Subject Re: 2.3.0a3 release plans
Date Tue, 16 May 2006 08:04:31 GMT
Noel J. Bergman wrote:
>> If nothing urgent to add to 2.3.0a3 imho Noel should prepare a release
>
> I can do so this week.  Even if I have a problem with the build server, I
> can do it on my personal build VM.

I just built the current v2.3 trunk (on minotaur) so we can give it a
chance before tagging and starting the vote.
http://people.apache.org/~bago/james/

>> Should things like JAMES-489 and my fix to the locking/unlocking of the
>> outgoing spool (found and fixed during the JAMES-491 refactoring) be
>> merged and included in 2.3.0 roadmap or you prefer to keep them only for
>> the 2.4 release?
>
> Yes for JAMES-489, and I was going to ask you the same question about the
> locking changes.  What's your view?  If you're confident in the fix, I'd say
> that we should put it into 2.3.
>
> 	--- Noel

I consider the lock/unlock change critical because when I touch
synchronization I'm never confident about the change.

Btw if we don't identify changes/features to be added to the 2.3 branch
then this week's release should be at least a beta or an rc: again I
would like to hear more opinions than yours and mine about the roadmap.

Probably in the next weeks we'll also test the trunk more, so I think
we'll decide to backport it later (next alpha/beta?) if the trunk works
fine.

Stefano