james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Steve Brewin" <sbre...@synsys.com>
Subject RE: Proposal: new approach to spooling
Date Tue, 06 Jun 2006 20:00:01 GMT
Stefano Bagnara wrote:

<snipped>

> About this proposal itself I'm +0 because imho it is too much
> things and
> I'm not able to evaluate the impact on our codebase.

This is a proposal for a future evolution of James. Right now its
conceptual. Raw metal that needs beating into shape. No one knows what the
impact on the code base will be. We aren't even at the high level design
stage (though I bet Noel is), far less a detailed design, which would reveal
the impact.

Noel is asking for opinions not commitment. As the great book says "Don't
panic"! (1)

Cheers

-- Steve

1) Douglas Adams, A Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy