james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Norman Maurer ...@byteaction.de>
Subject Re: 2.3 Beta 2 milestone?
Date Fri, 16 Jun 2006 17:58:26 GMT
I just download the testbuild and installed it. The problems are gone!
I backported it ..

Anyway.. After seeing this "critical" bug im a bit scared of release a
RC now. We "ALL" must test the current code more and should add more
junit test! Don't get me wrong .. i don'T want piss anyone. But i can't
really understand why noone before notice such a critical bug ? Noone
tests the latest releases ?

And this is also why we "need" Stefano and should not critism all the
work he did in his last commits..

So i think we should add more junit test at all. Im not so familar with
the james code base to write junit test for core functions etc yet. This
is why i start to do what i can now on junit tests. This is the mailet
and matcher junit test. I hope this will change later if i more
understand the james architecture ;-)

Anyway this is not a critism at a specific person.. it goes to all of
use.

bye
Norman