james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Bagnara <apa...@bago.org>
Subject Re: Proposal: new approach to spooling
Date Mon, 05 Jun 2006 10:31:09 GMT
1) What are the benefits of inverting the queue <=> processor relation?
It seems less clear than the current way and I don't see specific
advantages.

2) Are you willing to actually implement this or is this just a discussion?

I'm +1 to experiment and refactor the code to add some of the features
you describe here (e.g: fallthrough, transactions) as a progressive
evolution.

About this proposal itself I'm +0 because imho it is too much things and
I'm not able to evaluate the impact on our codebase.

Stefano