james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Bagnara <apa...@bago.org>
Subject Re: Where to create MailRepository var/mail/inboxes directory?
Date Fri, 30 Jun 2006 11:28:19 GMT
Joachim Draeger wrote:

> Hi!
>
> Eviroment: Windows, James Trunk/2.3.0b1, JRE 1.5
>
> At the moment I use the current directory and add
> "apps/james/var/mail/inboxes/user" in JavaMailStoreMailRepository.
> I always called bin/run from James root directory. Sometimes I noticed
> that a derbydb was created in the uplevel directory.
> After further investigations I noticed this derbydb
> (UserRepository/Spool???) is created at ../apps/james/var/derbydb so I
> conclude run should be called from the bin folder and I should use
> ../apps/james/var/mail/inboxes/user.
> Isn't there a cleaner way? Or is there an intent why it works this way?
> Everything else seems to be in the right place independent from the
> current directory when calling run.
>
> Joachim

I think we should find a way to use some sort of Phoenix
ConfigurationProvider resolved variables to support "app.home" in the
configuration xml.

Maybe Phoenix already has something similar, or maybe it is not so hard
to add it... I don't know..

Any idea? Otherwise I will try to remember to look at this when I'll
look to phoenix the next time...

Stefano