james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Bagnara <apa...@bago.org>
Subject Re: Expected Outbound Throughput?
Date Fri, 23 Jun 2006 16:39:14 GMT
Norman Maurer wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> should we raise the default to 4 or at least 2 ? I think 1 delivery
> thread will be to low for most installations..

Yes, maybe we should change default values for threads, maxretries,
connectionTimeout and timeout.

Maybe 3 to 5 is better for delivery thread (if we want to limit the
total number of threads we should decrease the number of spool threads
according)

By default we do 15 retries: I don't remember the RFC suggestions, but I
think that we should reduce this to 10 and to increase the time of the
last attempts.

We could then use 30seconds as the connection timeout and 3 minutes for
protocol timeout. (Again we should check RFC for constraints).

Stefano