james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Bagnara <apa...@bago.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r413032 - in /james/server/trunk/src/java/org/apache/james: smtpserver/AddHeaderHandler.java transport/mailets/AddHeader.java
Date Fri, 09 Jun 2006 18:41:08 GMT
Noel J. Bergman wrote:
>> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?rev=413032&view=rev
>
> Does this mean that 2.3 will be the last release that has them, and that releases later
this summer will not?  Or are we going to have to continue to use the 2.3 branch for an extended
period of time?

> 	--- Noel

IMHO if we'll ever want to make a 2.3.x release then we will use the 2.3
branch, otherwise from trunk we should create a 2.4.0 or a 3.0.0.

And about the removal: we deprecate them in 2.3 and we remove them in
2.4. This makes sense to me, considering that we also have simple
substitutes for that.

Stefano