james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Vincenzo Gianferrari Pini <vincenzo.gianferrarip...@praxis.it>
Subject Re: [VOTE] James 2.3.0 Beta 1
Date Sat, 10 Jun 2006 10:28:43 GMT
Noel J. Bergman wrote:

>Stefano Bagnara wrote:
>

>>James is a top level project and we didn't publish any release
>>versioning scheme, so we can simply vote and do what we voted.
>>

>+1
>
>And I'll be happy to see Vincenzo's code dropped into v2.3 when we release
>it.  The logic I apply is that it is not a core change, but optional
>matchers/mailets, so if there is a bug, there is no risk to most users.

In fact this was my reasoning: if (unlikely  ;-) ) there is a bug, it
just can switched off, as it is an added optional functionality whose
purpose is to reduce the risk of false positives in spam detection.

But I asked because I felt that the "beta" status of v2.3 could have
raised some perplexity, as it did.

So today or tomorrow I will commit it both in trunk and v2.3.

Vincenzo