james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Joachim Draeger <jdrae...@gmx.de>
Subject Where to create MailRepository var/mail/inboxes directory?
Date Sun, 11 Jun 2006 10:15:41 GMT

Hi!

Eviroment: Windows, James Trunk/2.3.0b1, JRE 1.5

At the moment I use the current directory and add
"apps/james/var/mail/inboxes/user" in JavaMailStoreMailRepository.
I always called bin/run from James root directory. Sometimes I noticed that a
derbydb was created in the uplevel directory.
After further investigations I noticed this derbydb (UserRepository/Spool???) is
created at ../apps/james/var/derbydb so I conclude run should be called from the
bin folder and I should use ../apps/james/var/mail/inboxes/user.
Isn't there a cleaner way? Or is there an intent why it works this way?
Everything else seems to be in the right place independent from the current
directory when calling run.

Joachim