james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Bernd Fondermann <bf_...@brainlounge.de>
Subject RemoteManager USER command
Date Mon, 19 Jun 2006 15:53:26 GMT
Hi,

In the RemoteManager the command USER supports switching the
UserRepository. All subsequent commands, like ADDUSER, will apply to
this current set of users. The RemoteManager is
session-oriented/stateful and thus can hold the current repository as a
state.

In JMX, AFAIK, states are not supported when calling MBean operations.

When porting the user commands to the UserManagementMBean, I can think
of the following alternatives:

a. don't support other UserRepositories than DEFAULT
b. having 1 additional parameter in all JMX operations for the
respository (which when is NULL choses DEFAULT-repository)
c. having two sets of operations, one with mandatory repository
parameter, one without the parameter (for the default repo)
d. ...other...

Which way do we go?

Currently, I am going for option a., but it is easy to change direction.

   Bernd