james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Bernd Fondermann" <bernd.fonderm...@googlemail.com>
Subject Extend JMX support
Date Fri, 16 Jun 2006 14:29:38 GMT
Hi,

I'd like to extend James' JMX operations and attributes. In the first
stage, this would cover the functionalities already covered by the
RemoteManager.

Currently, there is interface JamesMBean, containing only addUser.
This interface is implemented by class James. This is marked as an
example and continuing like that would make class James even bigger.
Makes it a bad idea.

I would like to add the user management functions to new interface
UserAdministrationMBean/class UserAdministration, and add spooling
management (as in RemoteManager) to SpoolAdministration[MBean]. And so
on.

Common logic in RemoteManager and MBean implementations could go into
commonly used worker classes. This would also separate parameter
parsing from the business logic.

Upgrading MX4J would also be cool, but there may be some traps waiting
there since JMX integration is currently handled by the container.
Utilizing JSE5 JMX support would be useful, too.

  Bernd