james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: Proposal: new approach to spooling
Date Mon, 12 Jun 2006 18:43:26 GMT
Stefano Bagnara wrote:

> 1) What are the benefits of inverting the queue <=> processor relation?

See my replies to Steve.  I'm after several capabilities, and did consider
several alternative syntactic approaches, but only care about relative ease
of expression and functional capability.

> 2) Are you willing to actually implement this or is this just a
discussion?

I'd expect to work on it.  I'd also expect that more than one person would
work on different aspects of it.

> I'm +1 to experiment and refactor the code to add some of the features
> you describe here (e.g: fallthrough, transactions) as a progressive
> evolution.

We already have fallthrough, but adding that as an attribute would be a
simple and nice enhancement.  Transactions are rather more work.

	--- Noel