james-server-dev mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: svn commit: r413135 -/james/server/trunk/src/java/org/apache/james/transport/matchers/AbstractNetworkMatcher.java
Date Fri, 09 Jun 2006 20:45:07 GMT
Norman Maurer wrote:

> i whould like to use setter methods for that in all mailets and matchers

Ah, I just asked you about this.  OK, that explains the change we were
discussing.  :-)

> Anyone has a problem with that?

On the one hand, Java isn't Smalltalk, and I have little need to treat it as
such when initializing simple private properties, but it might help eclipse
users, since the tool can inspect, and we can centralize logging,
validation, etc., so sure, why not?  For protected and public properties,
I'm sure that we're all +1 to proper bean properties.

	--- Noel