james-server-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Bagnara <apa...@bago.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r420948 - in /james/server/trunk/src/java/org/apache/james: smtpserver/ transport/ userrepository/ util/connection/
Date Thu, 13 Jul 2006 09:42:19 GMT
Vincenzo Gianferrari Pini wrote:

>>> Obsolete and ready to deprecate, IMO.
>>

>> I love to remove code: can we remove those from trunk?
>>
> Wait: deprecate != remove. I'm using AvalonListserv and
> AvalonListservManager quite extensively, and others may too. This is an
> example of how caution must be applied to help users upgrade.
>
> Vincenzo

Sure: if we aggree that they should be removed then we should add a
"deprecate" tag in the current 2.3 release and remove them in our trunk
for the next release.

PS: I don't know why Noel thinks they should be deprecated, I thought
that a better alternative existed or something similar (I don't use
James bundled mailing list manager because I wrote my own)

Stefano